The Churchill Centre Co-Sponsors with The Royal Oak Foundation Appearances By Michael Shelden (Young Titan) and Sonia Purnell (Clementine Churchill)
The Churchill Centre is co-sponsoring with the Royal Oak Foundation lecture tours of the United States this fall by Michael Shelden, author of the Churchill biography Young Titan, and Sonia Purnell, author of First Lady: The Life and Wars of Clementine Churchill and due to be published next month in the United States as Clementine: The Life of Mrs. Winston Churchill. Readers of the Chartwell Bulletin will receive discounted admission by using the code: 15FCHILL.
Historian Michael Shelden will explore Churchill’s early life and career between 1901 and 1915, a time of high drama, personal courage and grave miscalculations that nearly undid him but also forged his character and led him to triumph during the Second World War.
Make reservations for:
- Atlanta at Atlanta Decorative Arts Center | Tuesday October 6, 6:30 PM
- Boston at New England Historic Genealogical Society | Tuesday November 3, 6:00 PM
- Charleston at Redeemer Presbyterian Church | Wednesday October 7, 6:15 PM
- District of Columbia at Bank Of America Building | Monday November 2, 7:00 PM
Author Sonia Purnell explores the peculiar dynamics of this fascinating union based on her book First Lady: The Life and Wars of Clementine Churchill. From the personal and political upheavals of the Great War, through the Churchills’ “wilderness years” in the 1930s, to Clementine”s efforts during the Second World War, Ms. Purnell presents the inspiring but often ignored story of one of the most important women in modern history.
Make reservations for:
- Chicago at Chicago Architecture Foundation | Friday October 30, 6:30 PM
- New York City at General Society of Mechanics & Tradesmen | Wednesday October 28, 6:00 PM
- Philadelphia at The Union League of Philadelphia | Monday November 2, 6:30 PM
Churchill Centre Executive Director Lee Pollock said, “We are delighted once again to join our friends at Royal Oak in sponsoring national lecture tours by prominent Churchill authors. Both Michael Shelden and Sonia Purnell are exceptional speakers and we are pleased that our members and friends around the country will be able to hear them this fall.”
For more information, please visit The Royal Oak Foundation website.