2021 Churchill Conference
Please join us for the 38th International Churchill Conference. Tickets are available to join us online for free or in-person in London.
The 38th International Churchill Conference will be our first hybrid virtual and in-person conference, taking place online and live in London
We are delighted to announce our first ‘hybrid’ conference that will be combining physical events in London with main sessions that will be streamed around the world.
The conference will start with an exclusive drinks reception at the RAF Club on the evening of Thursday 7 October. Members of the Churchill family will be in attendance to welcome delegates to London.
The reception at the RAF Club will only be available to those attending in person and will not be broadcast.
- Celia Sandys (author of Churchill: Wanted Dead or Alive) and Candice Millard (author of Hero of the Empire: The Making of Winston Churchill) will discuss Churchill’s escape from Boer captivity with Lord Boateng (former UK High Commissioner to South Africa and Chairman of the Sir Winston Churchill Archive Trust
- Katherine Carter (Property Curator at Chartwell), in will moderate a panel with Kate Ballenger (Keeper of Palace and Collections at Blenheim), Dr Rob Havers, (President/ CEO of the American Civil War Museum) and Dr Xavier Bray (Director of the Wallace Collection).
- Professor James Muller will introduce and discuss his definitive edition of Churchill’s The River War, with contributions from Dr Piers Brendon, Brough Scott and others
- Historian and television presenter Dan Snow, 'The History Guy' on Making History
- Arnold Schwarzenegger (actor and former Governor of California) will discuss how Churchill has influenced his life
- The streamed sessions will end with the presentation of the Churchill Awards, which will be followed by a black-tie optional Gala Dinner for those delegates attending in person
- The Churchill daughters at War – launch of Mary Churchill’s War (the edited diaries of Lady Soames)
- Live sessions from America’s National Churchill Museum at Westminster College, Fulton, Missouri and the National Churchill Leadership Center at George Washington University, DC.
- Alliance – scenes from a new play by Giles Cole about Churchill at the White House presented by Julia Holofcener and Graham Pountney. Find out more about the play.
- The Inaugural Stephen and Jane Poss Distinguished Churchill Lecture: introduced by Mr Stephen Poss. Andrew Roberts will give his talk on ‘Churchill and Russia: Opportunism or Consistency?’
- Closing Remarks by Randolph Churchill, President of the International Churchill Society and great grandson of Sir Winston
The Inaugural Stephen and Jane Poss Distinguished Churchill Lecture
Professor Andrew Roberts, historian and author Churchill: Walking with Destiny will deliver the inaugural Stephen and Jane Poss Distinguished Churchill Lecture on ‘Churchill and Russia: Opportunism or Consistency?’
All the greatest things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: Freedom; Justice; Honour; Duty; Mercy; Hope.
14 May 1947, United Europe Meeting, Albert Hall, London
Will you help us reach an event wider global audience?
Silver Sponsor: £1775 ($2,500)
This sponsorship level includes:
- Acknowledgment in conference literature and online
- Access for sponsor and one guest to every conference event
- Invitation to special sponsor lunch on Friday, October 8th
Gold Sponsor: £3550 ($5,000)
This sponsorship includes everything in the Silver sponsorship level plus:
- Logo or image included on website with link to company
- Access for sponsor and two guests to every conference event
- Preferred seating at Friday and Saturday dinners
- Invitation to private reception with the family in The Churchill Bar at the RAF Club before public reception
Platinum Sponsor: £7100 ($10,000)
This sponsorship level includes everything in the Silver and Gold sponsorship levels plus:
- Invitation to exclusive private dinner for sponsor and guest (with fellow sponsors at this level) on Thursday, October 7 with members of the Churchill family and ICS leadership
- Logo, image, or video presentation in opening remarks of the conference
- One Magnum of Pol Roger signed by Randolph Churchill and one signed bottle of Glenfarclas single malt
- Choice of a private tour (in person or virtually if unable to visit) of National Churchill Leadership Center, Churchill Archives Centre, or America’s National Churchill Museum
We would like to thank each of our Conference Sponsors for their generous support. Lead support of this event is provided through the generosity of LL&P Philanthropies.
James & Annabelle Cameron / The Castle Foundation
James Drake / Drake Foundation
Loveday & Co
Ron & Eleanor Luke
Steve & Liz McGill
Jean-Paul & Isabelle Montupet
Bob & Regina Muehlhauser
Stephen & Jane Poss
British Bespoke Pens
Hal & Kathy Oakley
Larry Berlin & Ariana Gammel
George & Ellen McKnight
Jay & Kelly Policastro
Lee & Jill Pollock
Join Us from London for the 2021
38th International Churchill Conference
7-9 OCTOBER 2021
Live In London
There are a limited number of tickets available to join the audience live in London at the London Marriott Hotel, Grosvenor Square
Get all events live on the day
VIP Conference package
Access to all
100% Refund Guarantee
Purchase With Confidence
If you purchase a ticket to join us in person in London and for any reason you are unable to attend, we will give you a full refund at your request up until 7 October 2021.
Travel and Accomodation
All delegates are responsible for making their own travel arrangements and booking accommodation. Discounted accommodation can be booked at the London Marriott Grosvenor Square by quoting reference to this conference.
Other speakers are still to be announced. Please note that not all speakers will be appearing in London in person, some will be presenting virtually (details to be confirmed).
Yes, absolutely. Durning the conference, we will be following all of latest health advice to keep all delegates safe.
Join thousands of Churchillians from around the world.
Become a member of the International Churchill Society
In this island we have today achieved in a high degree the blessings of civilization. There is freedom; there is law; there is love of country…there is a widening prosperity. There are unmeasured opportunities of correcting abuses and making further progress.
2 July 1930, Bristol