ChurchillChat is a Google Group that allows members and non-members alike to share their enthusiasm about Winston Churchill on the internet in an interactive exchange of information and ideas.
ChurchillChatis maintained on the Google Groups platform. Access to group messages may be made from any web browser, anywhere. From the web page, members can post and reply to messages, and all group messages are archived on the web page, threaded by topic. Archived messages can be searched by keyword. ChurchillChat members can manage their subscription from the web page including changing to digest mode and setting notifications. You can also add a profile that can be accessed by other group members.
The International Churchill Society believes in maximum freedom on broad subjects. We, therefore, take the liberty of informing the membership of the Rules, which are patterned after and, in the cases of Rules 8-12, identical to the Rules of The Other Club, founded by Winston Churchill and F. E. Smith in 1911:
Rule of the Group
- The name of this Google Group shall be ChurchillChat.
- The object of ChurchillChatis to advance by communication the mission of its sponsor, The International Churchill Society.
- The mission of the International Churchill Society is to foster leadership, statesmanship, vision and boldness among democratic and freedom-loving peoples worldwide, through the thoughts, words, works and deeds of Winston Spencer Churchill.
- ChurchillChat shall consist of any number of Members.
- Subscriptions to ChurchillChat shall be free of charge.
- Members of the International Churchill Society shall be encouraged to join.
- Members of liberal and conservative disposition shall, to the extent possible, alternate their communications.
- The International Churchill Society Executive Committee shall settle all outstanding questions with plenary powers.
- There shall be no appeal from the decision of the Executive Committee.
- The names of the Executive Committee shall be wrapped in impenetrable mystery.
- The Members of the Executive Committee shall nominate the Secretary, who shall receive no remuneration and shall be liable for all unforeseen obligations.
- Nothing in the rules or intercourse of ChurchillChat shall interfere with the rancour or asperity of party politics.